Friday, December 18, 2009

What I've Learned......So Far

I began writing online in September 2009.  I've been trying to learn as much as I can about how to write and what to write about.  I thought I should read some books about writing, so I did.  Since I didn't know what books would be the most informative and helpful, rather than buying them I got some from the library.  If I find one there that I just can't live without, then I'll buy it for my library.  Every book has been helpful in some way.  I've also been talking with lots of writers, people who actually make a real living writing online. (I haven't made enough yet to pay my cable bill).  Those people have been a treasure trove of information.  Their knowledge and advice are never ending.  So far I've learned two important things from both reading books and listening to those 'know-it-alls', and I say that with respect; 1.  Write what you know and the words will come easy.  2.  When writing about something that you don't know, research the topic.  They put a great deal of emphasis on research.  That's what I've learned so far.

No comments: