Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Big Bang

As you probably know by now, there have been some big changes on eHow.  The parent company, Demand Media, has instituted a new writing platform for eHow.  It isn't actually new, DM has always had another writing site called Demand Studios.  To write for DS you have to be accepted.  They want accomplished writers, they want a resume, they want to see examples of your work.  It's like applying for a writing job.  DM has now adopted those same requirements for eHow.  If you don't meet those requirements, you can't write for eHow anymore.  Some eHow members were automatically accepted to write for DS, some were not but they can apply.  I was automatically accepted.  I haven't received my transition info yet, the email that I received told me that I was accepted and that I should wait for a follow-up email.
I need to brush up on sentence structure, grammar, punctuation and all that sort of thing.  DS only accepts articles that are written in AP style.  (Associated Press).  The AP Stylebook is the bible for this type of writing.
I'm going to miss all my eHow forum friends.  They helped me so much, and made me laugh out loud!
If you are looking for new places to write to earn money, here is a referral link for BUKISA.
And here is a referral for XOMBA.   
I hope to see you there!!!
 

No comments: